Saturday, October 31, 2009

Sometimes I'm really hungry, other times i'm not.?

Some days I am so hungry it's crazy. Other days I wont touch anything.I'm 17. I exercise quite a bit. Most days I go for a 30min walk or a 1hour run.Is this just normal to have unusual eatting patterns?
Answer:
Your appetite throughout the day, may very well be a function of how you start your day. Breakfast, is the most important meal of the day, because you are breaking a fast. You may very well have not eaten, for twelve or more hours, when you have breakfast.How you break that fast, can impact you for the rest of the day. If you start the day with cereal and a glass of orange juice, you may very likely send your serum glucose spiraling upward. Rapid elevation, of serum glucose, usually makes one feel awake and energized.However, your pancreas may over compensate with excessive insulin, depressing your glucose levels, leaving you tired and hungry in a couple of hours. Ingesting more carbohydrate, particularly refined carbohydrate, will repeat the cycle. Ingesting protein and fat will slowly quell your hunger pangs and slowly bring your glucose levels up.If you do nothing, when your serum glucose drops, your adrenals will respond by secreting cortisol. However, there is a possibility of adrenal over compensation, resulting in more pancreatic insulin secretion. One can, "yo-yo" like this all day.A carbohydrate free, breakfast, will not induce the hypoglycemia described. A good example, of such a breakfast, would be steak and eggs, i.e., without the usual potatoes, toast, rolls, grits, juice or any other carbohydrates.I recommend, you keep an accurate log of what you eat, activity you are engaged in, and how you feel, throughout the day, for about two weeks. If you have access to a glucose meter, you could also log glucose readings periodically.You efforts, possibly could fulfill an academic requirement in one of your science courses.
depends what u eat
Yes, when I was your age I ate tons of food in spurts and never gained weight due to puberty. Now I can't do that.
When will you be 18? I think that when you turn 18, you start gaining weight more. This should increase your will to eat and then eat more chicken instead of spare ribs to lower the chance of high cholesterol. It's normal. Eat some corn too, but it doesn't digest at all. There is evidence of that when you take a load off. Hope this helps.
No, not for me.
However, i recomend you take some kiwi fruit drinks %26 don/t eat too much fat foods but, fruits %26 fish I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net