Sunday, October 25, 2009

Skin donations for burn victims?

I have lost nearly 50 pounds since yule season. I have 50 more to lose and will be dealing with lots of excess skin when the weight all comes off. I know that having been so obese and at my age (50) I probably won't be able to get rid of it any other way than by surgery. Years ago I heard that there were burn hospitols that accepted donations of skin for burn victims. Is this true and dow they sitll accept it? Or do they just grow new skin for them from thier own skin? Thanks for any info.
Answer:
They actually are starting to use a fake skin that is very similar to human skin, and also using parts of the patients new and unburned flesh. I am sure they could use other's skin but I am not 100% sure, because maybe people can reject other's skin since it's foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net