Saturday, October 31, 2009

Snorting powdered sugar ? (confectioners sugar)?

HelloI hope this does not come off as terribly stupid.. I was wondering, what are the risks of snorting sugar (confectioner's.frosting etc) ?I am in a play and want it to look as real as possible (I play the role of an addicted teen). I really want to put my all into it. I however do not want to damage my body or risk my health.Thanks for your time
Answer:
Inhaling foreign substances into your nose (and therefore lungs) can cause a variety of lung problems, some of them long-lasting. The sugar itself often has additives (like flour, cornstarch, and calcium phosphate) which are not 'absorbed' easily by the body. Further, the smaller particles of confectioner's sugar mean they will reach deeper into your lungs.
Please be safe and don't do this, even once.
you might cough or choke that may be it
I wouldn't put anything up my nose. Why risk getting things into your sinus cavity or respiratory system? I doubt very much that your audience will be close enough to see you snort anything, so going through the snorting motion would be sufficiently dramatic.
Ask Your Parents or Doctor
Yeah you get the stupid question of the day award! DUH! You'd probably choke and snort and be totally unable to continue with your play! Don't be stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net