Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Should doctors be fat?


Answer:
Contrary to popular belief, they are only human too.You would think they would know how or what to do to prevent obesity, but they are only human.Just like doctors you see smoking, going to the tanning beds, abusing alcohol and other such vices.
No,I would find another doctor.
Huh? Why SHOULD doctors be fat?
who cares,the only thing that matters is if they can do their job.
Why not, they are human like the rest of us.
No. Most of the doctors I know are not fat.
I've never seen a fat doctor to this day.
well, it's up to them whether they are fat or not.. but it would be more professional looking if they were in good health. You wouldn't want to pay money to have a fat physcial trainer would you? I'd be less likely to take them seriously since obviously what they are preaching isn't working for them.
Not really because they should set a good example. However, I guess when you are a doctor you are very busy and don't keep good eating habits.
i guess not,
but sometimes people are fat due to there family background and metabolism.
NO!! How can you respect someone who doesn't know how to take care of their own body.
well maybe, if it's genetic it's not their fault? is it! LOL!
well controlling you weight is very hard to do. Doctors lead a very stressful life. My father-in-law is a doctor and some days he eats lunch between the 2 and 3 floors of the hospital(i.e. he eats out of the vending machines) Sometimes he gets called in the middle of night to do surgery and then he goes straight to the office and eats breakfast at McDonalds. I think doctors are human just like everyone else and can be overweight like anyone else.
Isn't it amazing how many doctors ARE fat? I mean, we don't go to a dentist with rotten teeth, do we? That question has crossed my mind many times. I do not think doctors should be fat, but, many, many ARE, for a fact. Sometimes, I think it is strange, when someone who is overweight is teaching someone how to lose weight, in a healthy way..and there are those who do this. I know that I always thought, "Take my lessons from a loser" when it comes to weight control!
they should follow their own advice, but they are just people.
Often it seems hypocritical for a practicing doctor to promote certain health standards without following them him/herself. "Do as I say, not as I do."In reality these professionals can lead very stressful lives and may end up sacrificing their own time (and health) for the sake of their patients. It may also be the case that they are simply lazy - but such an assessment is on a completely individual level and cannot be generalized.
I certainly hope none of the above posters are fat, otherwise they'd be pretty big hypocrites. Nobody SHOULD be fat, as its unhealthy. But to use a parallel example - look at Bill Bellichek. He's a little out of shape, but he's a phenomenal coach. A good coach doesn't have to be a good player. A good doctor is intelligent, kind, respectful and knowledgeable. Body size has no relation to mental capacity.
I dont think any less of a doctor who is fat. They still know what they are talking about. I wouldnt want to take advice on how to lose weight from a fat doctor but he can certainly treat my sprained ankle. Just like I wouldnt want a doctor that smokes to lecture me on smoking but he can treat my other ailments.
Well think it may be some that have become doctors that might be as you've stated %26lt;FAT%26gt;!?! But it also might be possible that they did'nt have this extra body fat even while in college !?! something may have taken place in a doctors life that they might gain pounds!?! %26 some of it may have been beyond the control of anyone !?! But since I'm running out of room trying to type soo much that you'll just leave !?! lol it might be a genetic thing !?! But if which`ever doctor I'd go to `,or that would see me!?! %26 if they can help me in AnY capacity.'I do not care of GENDER,RACE,COLOR,weight,heigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net