Tuesday, May 25, 2010

South Beach Diet... not overweight?

I am 5'10" and about 165ish pounds (I try not to weigh myself anymore)...I used to be 146 half a year ago but rapidly gained weight for some reason because I craved everything. Anyway, I got my eating MOSTLY under control to where I am not gaining anymore...but I am finding it hard to lose weight.Has anyone not overweight done the South Beach Diet with success? I want to appear "toned"...lowering my body fat. I am currently about 23%. I don't really know how low your body fat has to be for muscle to start showing through. When I was 19% it didn't show.
Anyway, did it work for you?(BTW, I do pilates, exercise, and lift weights as well...but these are not working. need to change my diet).
Answer:
I'm 5'10" and about 145-150ish pounds. I have done the South Beach before, and yes, it does work. One caution, if you're going to do the South Beach, do the REAL South Beach. I've met people who said they weren't eating any carbs anymore, because they were following the South Beach diet. That's NOT what the diet is about. Research into it, so you understand the medial reasons of why it works and buy the guide books before you start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net